For Azerbaijan (FA) respects your privacy. We collect information to provide services to you, update you on the impact of your donations, and communicate about current or potential fundraising projects. FA recognizes that we must maintain and use your information responsibly.
This policy applies to information collected by FA through all channels, including online and offline donations.
ForAzerbaijan.org is operated by For Azerbaijan, a nonprofit organization (501(c)(3) registration is pending) (EIN: 85-3879292) incorporated in Virginia and based in Virginia, United States.
Information Collected from Website Visitors
You may choose to interact with our Website by entering data into form fields and providing personal data to FA, such as giving us your name, email address, filling out an application, making a donation, or creating an account to post comments on pages, projects, or our blog.
Making a Donation:
When you make an online donation on the Website, we may collect personal data such as your name, billing address, and email address. We collect information about your donation, including the project you are donating to and the amount of your donation. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers which are processed by a third-party payment vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. If you use PayPal, Harness, Apple Pay, M-PESA/M-Changa, or a similar service, their use of your information is based on their terms of service and policies, not ours, so we encourage you to review those policies carefully.
We may also ask you to share a brief description about why you decided to donate to your selected cause(s) along with your name and general location. If you elect to provide this optional information, we will share your comments with the organization(s) you have donated to and may also publicly share this information to inspire other visitors to follow your generous example.
If you donate to a project, then we will also share your name and the date and amount of your donation with the project leader and organization running that project unless you elect to be anonymous.
Contests, Promotions, and Surveys:
Periodically, FA may invite you to participate in contests, take advantage of special promotions, and complete online surveys.
Information Obtained From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from public records and from databases like OFAC when conducting due diligence on nonprofit organization or conducting fraud prevention checks on donations.
Use of Information
FA uses the personal data that you provide or we obtain, and the technical information logged by our servers to process your donations, to:
- Process your donations and contact you regarding any questions related to your donation. Use of this data is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us in connection with your donation. If you do not provide the necessary data to us or our payment service provider, we will not be able to process your donation.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Send you updates on how your donation has been used, project appeals, newsletters, events, matching opportunities, information about FA, and projects we think we think will be of interest to you. We will only send you this information by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each email we send you.
- As necessary for certain legitimate interests, which include the following:
- Using the technical information logged by our servers when you visit our Website (described above) to improve your experience on our and preventing fraudulent activity;
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
- We may anonymize the information that we collect and use such anonymized data for statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates, business partners, and academic researchers;
- Operate the Website and market and advertise our projects; and
- Compile aggregate statistics that allow us to understand how visitors or registered users use our Website, and to make improvements in design and content to better serve you.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will share your personal data with our agents, representatives, service providers and contractors in order to process your donations, offer you services in connection with our Website, communicate news and information about FA, provide customer service, notify the project(s) you elect to support about your donation, marketing and advertising, and complete financial transactions. These service providers are authorized to use your personal data only to the extent necessary to serve these purposes, or as otherwise authorized by this policy. Except for the purposes outlined herein, we will not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal data with anyone else.
Unless you ask us not to, we share your personal data under the following circumstances:
- When you donate to a project, we share your name and contact information and the amount of your donation with the project leader and organization running that project;
- When you decide to post a comment or share why you supported a cause, we will share and attribute your comment on our site publicly and with the cause you have supported;
- Each time you make a donation, however, we will give you the opportunity to tell us not to share your personal data in the ways described above by selecting to be «anonymous» during the checkout process.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances: (1) we need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) an emergency situation requires disclosure before your permission can be obtained (e.g., situations involving potential threats to personal safety), or; (3) we determine that disclosure is needed to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person, in which case we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data continues to be protected. We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our other partners. This is not linked to any personal data that can identify any individual person.
Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our Website, including your IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our Website before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the Website, such as the pages you access.
In order to collect this information, the Website places a cookie on your hard drive. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. We also use web beacons and other technologies to track usage patterns.
We use several tools to collect information about use of this Website. These tools collect information such as how often you visit this Website, what pages you visit when you do so, what elements you interact with, what other sites you used prior to coming to this Website, or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests). We use the information we get from these tools to improve our Website, for website analysis and statistics and respond to service requests you make.
We will retain donor’s information for as long as donor’s account is active or as long as needed to provide our services. We may also retain and use your personal data in order to comply with our contractual or legal obligations, audit requirements, resolve disputes, and prevent abuse.
Safeguarding Your Information
FA understands the importance of keeping your information secure and confidential. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.